Some Interesting Facts – Did You Know?
I love random interesting facts, so I gathered you a bunch. Some are from National Geographic Kids’s book- 5,000 Awesome Facts. For example, the one about the calcium in our bones…seriously I did not make that up!
Did you know…
- 11% of people are left handed
- It’s considered rude to write in red ink in Portugal
- August has the highest percentage of births
- Unless food is mixed with saliva you can’t taste it
- The average person falls asleep in 7 minutes
- Although the Bobcat is rarely seen, it is the most common wildcat in North America.
- A cat’s tail contains nearly 10 percent of all the bones in its body
- The calcium in our bones and the iron in our blood comes from ancient explosions of giant stars
- You can buy eel flavored ice cream in Japan
- There are more than 1200 water parks in North America
- Less than 1 per cent of Antarctica is ice-free