You would be surprised at how many accidents happen at home that are easily preventable. For peace of mind, do not put your baby or toddler at risk. These are our expert tips and highly recommended products which will keep your little loved-ones safe!
- Baby Monitor – The Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby Monitor is one of the best baby monitors on the market. It gives you total vision control of your baby’s room, or any room. The DXR-8’s innovative lens technology allows you to customize camera performance by switching different lenses on the camera in just seconds. Choose the most suitable focal length and viewing angle for the specific environment, just like a professional camera system.
This camera is an investment that grows with your family. Use a close-up lens for intimate vision of your infant, and swap for a panoramic lens when your child becomes more mobile to provide a full view of your child’s activity.
- Baby Gate – The Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Gate We like it because it is easy to use, quick to set up with no tools required! The gate is perfect for a doorway, hallway and at the bottom of a staircase. The kit includes a 6-inch wide extension kit if needing to adjust. The gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage. The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door.
- Night Light – We love the Cloud B Elephant Nightlight and Melodies Soother because it has 5 meditative songs and nature sounds with a 3 level volume control. Calming starry sky display can be projected on ceiling and walls of baby’s room. Select from rhythmic light show or relaxing individual colors (blue, green, amber) with 15, 30, 45 minute auto shut-off.
- Cabinet Locks Child Safety Latches– These are so important to keep little ones from getting into cabinets and hands onto dangerous items. These latches are super easy to install and use.
- Munchkin Xtraguard Dual Action Multi Use Latches – You can uses these on cabinets, appliances or the toilet!
- Clear Stove Knob Covers – An essential to help prevent horrific burns!
- Ziz Home Self-Closing Outlet Covers – These are the best, little curious fingers can never pull these out!
- Soft Baby Proofing Corner Guards & Edge Protectors – Help prevent those awful bumps and cuts!
- Cardinal Gates Cord Safety – Awful to imagine, however, there have been cases of toddlers choking to death from blind cords. Such a cheap item for peace of mind.
- TV and Furniture Anchors for Baby Proofing – You would be surprised how many accidents happen when your furniture is not strapped down.
- Door Pinch Guards Baby Proof Doors Extra Soft Foam – Don’t allow yourself to get locked out of a room by your child! These also help with protecting your toddlers fingers from getting jammed in the door, ouch!
- The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub – A must-have bath for your newborn and todder! This will make your life that much easier…we promise you.
- Curious Columbus Non-Slip Bathtub Stickers – Of course, never leave your baby or toddler in a tub alone, however, these non-slip stickers can help prevent a slip when you look away from your toddler for even a second…
- Skip Hop Moby Bath Spout Cover Universal Fit – Again, prevent painful bumps and cuts
- kidSTAT Hospital-Grade First Aid Kit – Best first-aid kit on the market, especially designed for kids!
- Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad – This is awesome, cuts down on washing as the material can be wiped clean. It can be strapped to furniture and you can also strap your baby to prevent any dangerous falls!
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat – This is one of the best car seats! Built to grow, the 3-in-1 car seat is designed for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds!
- Baby Backseat Mirror for Car – You need this to keep an eye on your baby!
- Graco Blossom 6-in-1 Convertible High Chair Seating System – This is AMAZING! If you are going to get a high chair you must get this multifunctional one. Blossom 6-in-1 Highchair easily converts from an infant highchair with recline – to a traditional baby high chair – to an infant booster – to a toddler booster – to a youth chair and for you to even seat two kids at once!
- “Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel” by North States, freestanding, portable play yard – This is a great free standing play yard that sets up in seconds and can be used outside or inside on any surface. This will allow you to do other things while knowing your little one is safe!
- First Alert SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector – Keep your family safe with this battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm. Battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there’s a power failure!
Other important safety tips:
- Keep cords out of sight – toddlers will pull at anything in sight, prevent an accident by tucking cords out of reach and out of sight.
- Toys- should be much larger than their mouth to be safe.
- Prevent window falls- keep furniture away from windows…or you could use window guards.
- Adjust your hot water thermostat temperature to 120F to prevent accidental scolding.
- Must have pool fencing if you have a pool.
See also our related article on The Top 15 Must-Have Health Essentials for Baby
See also our related article on: Top Natural Baby Care Essentials- Bathing, Soothing & Nurturing